Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set MIDI channel number and MIDI command type in POG2 MIDI controller?
How to set MIDI channel number and MIDI command type in POG2 MIDI controller?

To set the number of the receiving channel and the response on MIDI command PROGRAM CHANGE or CONTROL CHANGE is possible simply by using our web application MIDIConfig.
  1. A USB/MIDI converter is necessary for connecting this MIDI device with a computer.
  2. To communicate with MIDI devices from web browser, installing the Jazz plugin is necessary. Some versions of Google Chrome and Opera do not support this plugin. If it is your case, please use another web browser. In Mozilla Firefox it works well.
  3. Connect MIDI OUT connector from computer to MIDI IN connector in POG2.
  4. Connect MIDI IN connector from computer to MIDI OUT connector in POG2.
  5. In MIDI port area select the name of your USB MIDI converter in both MIDI IN and MIDI OUT options.
    [Image: POG2-MIDI-port.jpg]
  6. In Control area try to press some numbers to control programs in your POG2. If the POG2 changes the program after pressing some number, the communication is OK.
    [Image: POG2-Control.jpg]
  7. In Basic settings area set MIDI Channel (1 - 16 or all) and Global MIDI Command (PROGRAM CHANGE or CONTROL CHANGE).
    [Image: POG2-Basic-Settings.jpg]
  8. There is also Number of programs option. In case of POG2, leave it unchanged on default 8 (POG2, Cathedral).
  9. Press Send to device button.
Now you can use your POG2 with new settings. They are stored in permanent memory.

If it wouldn't work even after enabling this plugin in the browser, try this procedure:
1. In the MIDIConfig application in a browser select parameters (Channel, Command) even without the connection with POG2.
2. Press "Send to device" button.
3. From "MIDI OUT console" copy the SysEx message, it will look like this:
F0 4D 69 63 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 08 F7
4. Send it to the POG2 from MIDI OX program.
What to do if I reprogrammed the module and now I don't know how it is configured?
  1. Connect MIDI OUT connector from computer to MIDI IN connector in POG2.
  2. Connect MIDI IN connector from computer to MIDI OUT connector in POG2.
  3. In MIDI port area select the name of your USB MIDI converter in both MIDI IN and MIDI OUT options.
    [Image: POG2-MIDI-port.jpg]
  4. In Basic settings area leave all default settings: MIDI Channel 1,  Global MIDI Command: PROGRAM CHANGE and Number of programs: 8 (POG2, Cathedral).
    [Image: POG2-Basic-Settings.jpg]
  5. Press Send to device button.
  6. The MIDI module responds on PROGRAM CHANGE commands on channel 1 now. In Control area try to press some numbers to control programs in your POG2. If the POG2 changes the program after pressing some number, the communication is OK.

[Image: POG2-Control.jpg]
You have checked that the communication is OK. Now you can configure your POG2 MIDI module with new settings.
Any help you can provide with the Jazz plugin?  I installed it on Firefox (56.0.2) for Mac and your config site still says I need the plugin.  Any suggestions?  I'm using a Roland UM-ONE interface.

Secondary question is this: even if I get the config up and running, is there any way to use your module to actually bypass the pedal or does it just bypass the preset?

Thanks much!
Hello rjk123,
it looks that the Jazz plugin is not supported in browsers anymore, only in Internet Explorer it works. We will have to search another solution for connection between a computer and the MIDI module.

Is it possible for you to send to the module a SysEx message from some another program? MIDI-OX works well on Windows but I am not sure which program is available for Mac.

Open the SysEx window:
[Image: MIDIOX-SysEx-open.jpg]

The configuration message looks like this:
F0 4D 69 63 00 00 00 04 xx 00 00 08 F7
Put the number of MIDI channel instead of xx according to this table:

channel | xx
1          | 00
2          | 01
3          | 02
4          | 03
5          | 04
6          | 05
7          | 06
8          | 07
9          | 08
10        | 09
11        | 0A
12        | 0B
13        | 0C
14        | 0D
15        | 0E
16        | 0F

[Image: MIDIOX-SysEx-send.jpg]

Click Command Window > Send Sysex.

For example, for channel 16 send this MIDI message:
F0 4D 69 63 00 00 00 04 0F 00 00 08 F7
I will try to look for one.  Did you see my other question?  I'm most interested if there's a way to send a MIDI message to engage/disengage the on/off switch of the pedal instead of turning preset mode on and off as it currently does.  Maybe if I solder that wire to the other switch?  

Thanks for replying!
Sorry, I forgot for the second question.
No, this module doesn't allow to control the Bypass button. It would take much effort to replace it because it is a 3PDT switch and much more soldering would it be. But a new MIDI module is just being prepared: MIDI Contoller for EHX x9. It will completely control all buttons and it also has a circuit for replacement of the Bypass button. It is primarily focused on x9 pedals but as soon as it is finished, an adjustment for POG2 will be carried out and the new version for POG2 will be available. But it will cost much higher than this module for $60 USD.
It was working for awhile, but now when I change presets on my midi controller it alternates between turning the preset mode on and off instead of moving between presets.  Any idea what has gone wrong or how to fix it?  

And I did find a way to send sysex messages to the unit -- I just don't know what to messages to send it to fix my problems.  Smile
If your POG2 doesn't respond on PROGRAM CHANGE messages, try to turn the program button a little. It can be in some unstable position.

This message returns the module to the default setting:
F0 4D 69 63 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 08 F7
ie. MIDI channel 1, PROGRAM CHANGE and 8 programs.